Dakota Valley Symphony and Chorus
COVID-19 Health and Safety Policies
Our highest priority is the health and wellness of all visitors to our concerts. We are following the latest public safety guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Minnesota Department of Health, and local requirements from the City of Burnsville.
The Ames Center, our venue partner, has implemented a number of COVID-19 policies. Please visit their COVID-19 protocols page at www.ames-center.com/covid-19-protocols. All performers with DVS&C are required to be vaccinated and will be masked as they are able during the concert.
Here’s what you can expect when you return to performances of the Dakota Valley Symphony and Chorus at the Ames Center.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required to enter
- All vaccine-eligible guests aged 12 and over will be required to provide proof of full vaccination.
- Children 11 and younger will not be required to show proof of a negative test.
- A guest is considered fully vaccinated, with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine, meaning their last dose must have been administered at least 14 days before attending the event.
- The vaccinated guest must show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination with a physical vaccination card or a photograph of the card, or a digital vaccination record stored on a phone or electronic device. Proof must include the name of the person vaccinated, type of vaccine and date of the last dose administered.
- Guests 12 and over who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief must show a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to the performance or a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 24 hours prior to the performance.
- Self-reported vaccination or negative test records not verified by a third party health care provider are not acceptable.
- If proof of full vaccination is not provided, patrons will be offered their choice of seats at another concert or a full refund if desired.
Resources for scheduling your vaccination or COVID-19 test
Mandatory face coverings
- All guests age 3 and above are required to wear a face mask securely covering their mouths and noses in the venue (except while actively eating or drinking in designated areas). Disposable masks will be available free of charge for anyone who does not have a mask.
Maintaining a distance of 6 feet from other groups is highly recommended. Theater capacity will be limited to approximately 50% to allow patrons to maintain distance from others. Ticket holders may visit the box office to change their seats if they are not comfortable with spacing.
If you are sick or have been in direct contact with someone who has been sick, please stay home.